<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Maintaining Optimism in the Face of Reality. Occasional observations on the state of the world, society, business and politics. Usually anchored by facts, always augmented by opinion.


Attention To Detail  | e-mail post

Certainly misspellings are hardly rare. We see them all the time. I am often surprised how often I see misspellings in books, especially given my personal experience with the amount of proofreading that goes into a book produced by a major publisher (sometime I might write about my experience having my editor thoroughly explain the difference between "which" and "that," a source of innumerable edits in a manuscript from years back.) In any event, this sign has been up for a few weeks not far from where I live. I finally took a picture of it. I guess we can be happy the company paints cars, not signs, but didn't anybody catch the misspelling of estimate? I don't need a paint job for my car anyway, but I don't know how inclined I would be to go somewhere that doesn't even seem interested in correcting their mistake.


Ask about their sign painting work




e-mail post | Link Cosmos | [Permalink]  |  | Wednesday, August 04, 2004
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?