<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Maintaining Optimism in the Face of Reality. Occasional observations on the state of the world, society, business and politics. Usually anchored by facts, always augmented by opinion.


Reading Kafka? Here's the Perfect Bookmark  | e-mail post


I feel so much safer knowing the TSA is on the job. Screeners at Tampa International Airport arrested a 52 year old special ed teacher from Maryland while travelling with her college-age sons, according to this story in the St Petersburg Times. Why was she arrested: packing lead, well a lead-weighted bookmark that is. To the left is a picture of the Bookmark of Terror, below it is a picture of that would-be terrorist.

I own a very similar bookmark, I bought it a few years back from Levenger. Honestly, it's OK, but doesn't have nearly the heft necessary to hold the pages down for many books. It is useful enough, however. I use it for cookbooks and magazines for the most part. This story has raised it to "travel essential" in my book, though. Rather than sending you to Levenger, I would suggest you buy one from Amazon. And I really suggest you buy one, and fly with it, often.

This just in...maybe this is why the TSA is so worried...


e-mail post | Link Cosmos | [Permalink]  |  | Monday, September 20, 2004
Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?