Maintaining Optimism in the Face of Reality. Occasional observations on the state of the world, society, business and politics. Usually anchored by facts, always augmented by opinion.
- Two nuns, 64 and 55, who wanted to vote for Kerry, had to get a judge to certify their eligibility.
- The same judge shot down 28 year-old Kerry supporter Grace Rodriguez' pleas, as there was no record of her registration.
- First time voter Vinnie Rimmer, 22, finally arrived at his correct polling place on the third try. Obviously, the directionally-challenged Vinnie, who didn't think he needed to vote 4 years ago, is voting for Kerry.
- Two ladies, 83 and 75, voted for Bush, one of them, Elizabeth Brandt, is "just praying for Bush." If Kerry's got nuns in Camden, praying can't hurt.
- Union construction worker Brian Lott, 29, says with no apparent irony that he is voting for Kerry, as Kerry is "more for the working man."
- Another 35-year old man is also holding Bush accountable for the war and voting for Kerry
- Dolores Liberto cast a provisional ballot. Age or vote preference unknown.
I'll make the quick observation that while all the listed Camden voters were going for Dems, Republicans will probably vote without such hooplah, as they know where their polling place is, have registered and usually have ID for their address because they aren't as transient.
This news item from the AP suggests some voting machines are down in NJ and elsewhere.
Maybe we should leave it up to high school students: Bush wins in a landslide.
Dems are working hard, though, letting nothing, especially not the truth, stand in their way. NJ voters are getting faked calls sayin Stormin' Norman Schwarzkopf supports Kerry. The truth is, he supports Bush.
Funny issue with voting machine certifications in New Jersey from PatentlyObvious.
McGreevey impact on election discussed.
National Review Online has a message from a Middlesex County voter who mysteriously disappeared from the voter registration list after living in his district for 9 years. Then he got a provisional ballot without showing any ID. WTF?
e-mail post | Link Cosmos | [Permalink] | | Tuesday, November 02, 2004