Maintaining Optimism in the Face of Reality. Occasional observations on the state of the world, society, business and politics. Usually anchored by facts, always augmented by opinion.
After capitalism, what else can Russia learn from the U.S.? Well, it appears frivolous litigation is high on the list: "Russian hits McDonald's with coffee burn lawsuit."
In other news:
- Homer Simpson's first remarks: "The Humanity!" - "Derailment Spills 20,000 Gallons of Beer"
- Part of the tougher No Child Left Behind sanctions on underperforming schools? "NJ School strafed by F-16."
- But just think how good your skin will be in the casket..."High Doses of Vitamin E May Hasten Death"
- Catholics provide a more nuanced view of sex and masturbation: "Vatican: Thou Shalt Have Sex, and Enjoy It."
- The British decided they need to get more precise about how much they drink: "Website helps drinkers tot up their units."
- Tumbling can get you bounced in Los Angeles: "Girl Bounced from School for Cartwheels."
e-mail post | Link Cosmos | [Permalink] | | Friday, November 12, 2004